Wednesday, May 7, 2008

So, like I said, once the snow melts, soccer season will be in full swing, and boy is it ever! Brittana has practices on Monday and Wednesday and Plays her games on Tuesdays and Thursdays! We have decided to put piano on hold until september as things are just going to get too crazy! I'm sure she won't be to upset about that! lol
She has missed one practice this week because we made a trip to the dentist, she had still planned on playing, however, while we were at the dentist, they decided that 5, yes 5 of her teeth needed to come out! And then out they came! It was funny, after the hygentist took the x-rays, she came back and said, "well, we need to pull 7 teeth today, what do you think?" and Brittana just kind of stared, then she said I'm just kidding! Then the dentist came in and started poking around and told us that 5 would have to be removed (she had adult teeth just pushing to come through, and the baby ones were just not giving up at all!) He stated with, well that one will need to go, hmm that ones solid too, then wow!, and holy cow! started coming out, it was pretty funny (well to me, tana didnt think it was!) The hygenist was apologizing! I'm sooo sorry, I just pulled a number from nowhere, I had no idea! Funny thing was, is she had 2 teeth that if they hadn't been wiggly, they would have had to been pulled to, making a grand total of 7! I had a good laugh till they told me the tooth fairy pays double for extracted teeth! hmmm?

Other crazy news? well my kids won't be going to school tomorrow, as there have been threatning notes left around the high school saying that May 8th, people will be harmed, one even stated by fire, another just said it was going to kill someone...alot of saftey measures have been put in place and the cops are trying to figure out who is doing it, but as far as I know, they have nothing...its realy kind of scary. It is highly likley that nothing at all will happen, but the whole idea of it is scaring kids. Talyssa came home today and told me the the police are there in the school to protect them. How sad that it is required that they need to have cops in their school to protect them. You kind of think that you are immune to the crazies in the world when we live in a small, especially lds, community, and yet the world still touches us here. Some moms have asked me if I think they should send their kid to school on Friday and today, and I have just told them that they do what they feel they need to do, because who knows what will happen, if anything, and if nothing does, who is to say nothing won't happen? Where do we draw the line? I guess we have to have faith that He will guide us in what we need to do. It was interesting though, today I had to go into the High School to drop off something for Erick and I had both of the little kids with me, and I just had the worst feeling going in there...I totally made sure that the kids didn't run ahead, and just kept them with me, and I just didn't feel the same...It sounds weird, I know, but it just felt...wrong, I don't even know how to describe it...anyhow I can't wait till it all blows over, and I am really glad that Erick will be at skill tomorrow and not at the school!
The skills cometitions are in lethbridge and he get to choose certain students, in different catergories of shop (ex cabinet making, wood working) and the go and compete against other students from other schools. Everyone seems to be pretty excited about it!
Also, to put icing on the cake (this week), I GET to give a mothers day talk, yup you guessed it, on mothers! Now there's a broad subject for ya! Any ideas?

1 comment:

Steve and Kim... said...

im not sure if you ever check this thing or not. i just wondered if you knew that you sent me a weird message on facebook. i got one from someone else just like it and it was because someone had hacked into their account, so i just wanted to let you know in case that is what is going on with yours. otherwise...if you did send it...thanks for the weird message...lol. how are you guys doing? im in edmonton for another month so if you come out here shopping or something you should let me know!


Removing that big, heavy window!

Wall wide open, the Pics just don't do it justice!

The north wall, startng the demolition

Corner of the upstairs room

My temporary flooring!


some close-ups


Tana's

Kaden's impression of Erick, pretty good huh!